We asked sports parents to finish this sentence:
I want to be a part of a Youth Sports Culture where…
Here are just a few of the responses:
- Winning is not the most important thing, respect is!
- We value the effort of the athlete as much as we do their ability to contribute to the win/loss record.
- Parents support youth allowing them to enjoy their own experience and become their own advocates.
- We develop life-long learners because they played a sport they loved when they were young.
- Parents help kids to progress and strive to be better and, as parents, we strive to be better fans for our kids (rather than just complain about every opportunity our kid doesn’t get.)